Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from the Almond Board of California. Hummus is used through out the Middle East, the Mediterranean, as well as many parts of India. There is no way of knowing where its origin began – though it is presumed to be somewhere in the Middle East. Test and Measure before posting.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
Yummy! I think I'm in love... my can of chickpeas was 791 ml which was a little more than called for, so I just added a little extra of everything. Oh and my garlic had gone bad, so I used some garlic powder (about a tbsp). Going on recipe #424743! Made for ZWT #6.
- 24 ounces cooked chickpeas
- 3⁄4 cup roasted almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 ounce garlic, chopped (10-12 small garlic cloves)
- 3⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup water
- salt and pepper