A simple but oh so yummy recipe from the Almond Board of California.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almonds, roasted
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or semi-sweet)
- 1Place the chocolate and cocoa in a mixing bowl. Heat almond milk in a saucepan. Pour over chocolate and cocoa and whisk well to melt and make frothy. Stir in vanilla. If available, use a hand blender or hand mixer to make it even more frothy on top. Pour into mugs and serve immediately.
- 2Dust with cocoa to garnish and serve with Chocolate-Covered Almonds.
- 3Chocolate-Covered Almonds:.
- 4Place a metal bowl of chocolate on top of one inch of water in a small saucepan. Bring water to a low simmer; stir chocolate until melted. Remove pan from heat. Working quickly, dip half of each almond in melted chocolate. Let dry on waxed paper, and serve.
- 5To Roast almonds: Spread in an ungreased baking pan. Place in 350ºF oven and bake 10 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant; stir once or twice to assure even browning. Note that almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 117.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: