Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple but oh so yummy recipe from the Almond Board of California.
Make and share this Almond Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- Place the chocolate and cocoa in a mixing bowl. Heat almond milk in a saucepan. Pour over chocolate and cocoa and whisk well to melt and make frothy. Stir in vanilla. If available, use a hand blender or hand mixer to make it even more frothy on top. Pour into mugs and serve immediately.
- Dust with cocoa to garnish and serve with Chocolate-Covered Almonds.
- Chocolate-Covered Almonds:.
- Place a metal bowl of chocolate on top of one inch of water in a small saucepan. Bring water to a low simmer; stir chocolate until melted. Remove pan from heat. Working quickly, dip half of each almond in melted chocolate. Let dry on waxed paper, and serve.
- To Roast almonds: Spread in an ungreased baking pan. Place in 350ºF oven and bake 10 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant; stir once or twice to assure even browning. Note that almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven.