Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
I got this really cool recipe book, this came from it.
Top Review by BakeretteJen
I probably have the same recipe book as you as this is the exact recipe in my book and I LOVE it! It has a great flavor! I'm vegan, so I substituted the honey for agave and the butter for Earth Balance. Either way it is delicious!
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Make 1 1/2-pound recipe for bread machines that use 3 cups flour, or make 1-pound recipe for bread machines that use 2 cups flour.
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.