Recipe by **Jubes**
This recipe was adapted to being gluten free from a Women's Weekly mini cookbook. Its very simple to make
- 3⁄4 cup plain gluten-free flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, measured firmly packed
- 90 g butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, measured firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 100 g milk chocolate, melted (ensure it's GF chocolate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington or slice pan.
- Combine the flour, nutmeg, almond meal, sugar and butter in a medium bowl.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan to form the slice base.
- Bake in moderate oven for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove the slice base from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 160°C.
- For the topping- combine the egg, sugar and honey in a medium bowl and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the topping over the base. Sprinkle with the slivered almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the topping has set. Cool in the pan and refrigerate for several hours before cutting.
- This slice will keep up to a week in the refrigerator. Cooking time does not include refrigeration time.