Recipe by Annacia
Colourful carrots brighten tables any time of year, especially when accented with nuts and honey.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Annacia these carrots are the bomb. So much flavor, tender and perfectly seasoned. I really enjoyed the nutmeg and honey in this dish. I used vegetable stock and omitted the almonds because of my dh's allergy. These little gems were sooo good, not overly sweet. Thanks for sharing a great way to make my favorite vegetable. Made for NA/ME
- 8 carrots (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock or 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots; slice on the diagonal.
- In large saucepan, bring carrots, stock, honey, salt, pepper and nutmeg to boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over high heat, stirring often, until liquid is almost evaporated yet carrots are glazed and still moist, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in almonds and butter.