Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Everyday with Rachel Ray August 09
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 2⁄3 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is working, using a food processor, puree the parsley, parmigiano-reggiano, vegetable stock, almonds, tarragon, mint and garlic; season with salt and pepper. With the machine on, drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil.
- In a serving bowl, combine the artichoke hearts and pesto. Add the reserved pasta cooking water, then stir in the pasta and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, season the tomatoes with salt.
- Serve the pasta with the tomatoes and ricotta for mixing inches.