- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond, ground
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter and confectioners' sugar together until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the almonds, flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the almonds extract.
- Place in a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip and pipe into heart shapes on a greased cookie sheet, well spaced to allow for spreading.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
- Cool slightly, then transfer to a cooling rack.