Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very easy to make cookie bar. The recipe comes from food everyday.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line the bottom and sides of a 8-inch square with foil( release foil works great, if using release foil you don't have to use the cooking spray), coat with cooking spray.
- I a medium mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, the can of sweetened condensed milk and the salt, stir until moistened.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the sliced almonds; spread mixture evenly in prepared pan (if mixture is very sticky, pat with moistened fingers), sprinkle the other 1/2 cup sliced almonds over the top, patting gently.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes; cool completely in pan.
- Remove from pan; peel off foil, and cut into 16 squares with a serrated knife; squares will keep, in an airtight container at room temperture, for 4 to 5 days.
Well I was really curious and excited about these. I love graham crackers and almonds. However they're far to dense and heavy for me as a dessert or snack. They taste good don't get me wrong, but they have the consistency of a survival/camping/meal replacement bar (which honestly -I may tweak this and use them that way this summer - adding some dried fruit)
Oh God are these good! I did use the release foil as suggested and wet hands are a must for this when patting down in the pan. I made these for my get together this past weekend, they were devoured and thoroughly enjoyed by all. thanks so much for this great recipe Barb!...Kitten:)