Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just like Grandma used to make!! YUM!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine bread ingredients and beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into 2 large, greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
- Mix Glaze ingredients together and spoon on top of bread.
excellent recipe! I replaced one of the cups of flour with 1 cup of whole wheat flour and also substituted apple sauce for the oil - the bread still turned out delicious!!
This is a great recipe. I love poppy seed bread but can't really say I have a recipe so this is now it. I used fresh squeezed orange juice for the glaze. Thanks for a great recipe Christine!!