Almond Glazed Cherry Chip Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add all remaining ingredients and beat until well mixed.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness with the bottom of a buttered glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
- Stir together glaze ingredients with wire whisk, adding additional water if necessary to make a smooth and creamy glaze. Decorate cooled cookies with glaze.