A must have holiday dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Oil or spray a 10 inch tube pan.
- 3Combine ground nuts with 1/2 cup of the sugar, flour, ground ginger and salt.
- 4In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar on medium speed with the whisk attachment until thick and pale; about eight minutes.
- 5Stir in the orange juice, zest and candied ginger.
- 6Then fold the nut mixture into yolk mixture with a spatula.
- 7In a large bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form then gradually beat the last 1/2 cup of sugar into the egg whites until they are glossy.
- 8Fold the egg whites into the yolk batter and pour into the prepared pan.
- 9Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Let the cake cool to room temperature in the pan, then invert onto serving plate.
- 11Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Ginger Torte
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 176.2 mg
- Sodium 155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of