1 hr 15 mins
An odd fruit salad but pretty healthy and good when you want something sweet. The almond gelatin squares are quite good by themselves. Found in a Jane Fonda cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/3 cups pineapple chunks (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin and cold water.
- 2Add the boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 3Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Gradually whisk in the dry milk and sugar and return to a boil.
- 5Stir in the almond extract and cinnamon.
- 6When the cinnamon is dissolved, pour the mixture into an 8-inch square pan.
- 7Cover and refrigerate until firm, about one hour.
- 8In a large bowl, combine fruits and orange juice.
- 9Toss gently to mix well.
- 10To serve, cut the gelatin into 1-inch squares; add to the fruit and toss gently.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Gelatin Squares in Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 66.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g