Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by Kim H.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric beater on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar, applesauce, egg, and vanilla. Slowly beat in the cocoa and flour. Pour the batter into the baking dish and top with the almonds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.