Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you love almonds and want the combined health benefits of nuts and fruit, these are a great dessert! From the Almond Board of California.
- 1 cup whole natural almonds, toasted*
- 1 (6 ounce) packagemixed dried fruit
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- Place almonds in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade; process until finely chopped.
- Add fruit, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pulse on and off a few times, then process to make a rough paste.
- Add liqueur/juice and process to make a firm, sticky paste. (Add more liqueur/juice, a few drops at a time, if needed to make a slightly moist dough.)
- Shape into 1-inch balls, rolling between palm of hands.
- Pack loosely in airtight container with waxed paper between layers.
- *To toast almonds:.
- Spread almonds in an ungreased baking pan.
- Place in 350-degree oven and bake 5 to 10 minutes or until almonds are lightly brown; stir once or twice to assure even browning. Almonds will continue to brown slightly after removing from oven.