Posted to the SCA_recipes LiveJournal community. "Pass almonds that have been well cleaned and ground through a strainer with milk and rosewater. And to these add the breast of a chicken, boiled and ground separately, and blend in well some meal, two or three egg whites, and sugar. When this has been prepared, as you wish, fry them either in oil or liquamen."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix ground almonds with rosewater and 1/4 cup milk. Set aside.
- 2Poach chicken breasts in lightly salted water about 10 minutes. Cut chicken breasts into large chunks and run them through a blender or food processor, using 1-2 egg whites and remaining milk if necessary to make them sufficiently liquid to blend.
- 3Combine chicken, remaining egg whites, almond mixture, and remaining ingredients. Form into patties.
- 4Pour oil 1/2" deep in a skillet or frying pan. Heat to 375°F Carefully slide patties into hot oil with a pancake turner. Fry 1-2 minute on each side until brown. They are good served with salt sprinkled over them.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Fricatellae
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 445.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: