1/1 Photo of Almond Fresh Fudge Cake With Creamy Chocolate Frosting
1 hr 20 mins
This easy chocolate cake is rich and dense, and surprisingly easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strong freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup almond fresh vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted roughly
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 tablespoons almond fresh vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and line the base of a 10” round cake pan with baking paper.
- 3Sieve dry ingredients and set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- 5Pour into pan and bake until cake springs back when lightly touched (45–60 minutes).
- 6Cool and frost.
- 8Sift together confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- 9In a separate bowl mix together butter, vanilla extract, almond extract, and a third of dry ingredients. Add additional third of dry ingredients with 2tbsp (30 mL) Almond Fresh and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- 10Add last third of dry ingredients and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of remaining Almond Fresh and mix until thoroughly incorporated. If frosting is too stiff add an extra tbsp of Almond Fresh.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Fresh Fudge Cake With Creamy Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 810.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 99.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g