Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Take advantage of summer's berry bounty and assemble this super easy dessert.
- 2 cups almond fresh vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 slices orange peel (wide strips)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 1⁄2 small store bought angel food cake
- 2 cups mixture fresh berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, and sliced strawberries
- Simmer over medium heat: 1½ cup (375 mL) Almond Fresh, honey, orange peels and salt.
- To remaining Almond Fresh, whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Stir into heating mixtures.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir/simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add in orange liqueur.
- Pour into bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, slice angel food cake into 1” cubes.
- Into parfait or large wine glasses, layer with ½ cup (125 mL) cake, ½ cup (125 mL) berries and ½ c (125 mL) pudding. Repeat.
- Garnish with fresh berries and serve.