Recipe by zammdogg
This is part of a small series on sandwiches I'm doing. I found myself with all these excess rolls and meat, and I'm trying out my yummy recipes. This particular sandwich is easy and good any time of day. Kids who don't like nuts will like it because it's got the flavor of almonds, but not the texture.
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix your egg, almond extract, vanilla extract, and sugar together. The almonds are essential! They're delicious and make a nice, sweet flavor.
- Take your buns and dip them into the mixture, almost like you're making french toast- but ONLY DIP THE FILLINGS SIDE! The side you don't hold. It makes a convenient sandwich style.
- Hull your strawberries and heat up a frying pan. While the buns are cooking in the pan, cut the strawberries into small slices.
- Place the buns face-up on your plates and cover with strawberries, syrup, and whipped cream. Close buns, and garnish with orange smiles or anything else!