From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cook Book. Phases 3 & 4. Per Serving: 20 carbs, 10 net carbs, 10 grams fiber, 26.5 grams protein, 50.5 grams fat, 626 cal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 slices atkins bakery ready-to-eat sliced white bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar free pancake syrup (atkins quick cuisine)
- 1/2 cup sliced blanched almond, toasted
- 1Heat griddle or large skillet.
- 2Using rubber spatula, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sugar substitute, and almond extract in a bowl.
- 3Spread 1/4 cream cheese mixture on each of the 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- 4In another bowl, combine the eggs, cream, water, salt, and nutmeg. Dip the sandwhiches in egg batter.
- 5Heat the butter on the griddle until foaming subsides.
- 6Add the french toast sandwhiches, and cook for about 3 min on each side.
- 7Transfer the sandwhices to warm plates and top with 1/4 cup syrup and 2 tbsp almonds. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond French Toast - Atkins - 10 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.4
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 288.5 mg
- Sodium 789.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 16.4 g