Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cook Book. Phases 3 & 4. Per Serving: 20 carbs, 10 net carbs, 10 grams fiber, 26.5 grams protein, 50.5 grams fat, 626 cal
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 slices atkins bakery ready-to-eat sliced white bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar free pancake syrup (atkins quick cuisine)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced blanched almond, toasted
- Heat griddle or large skillet.
- Using rubber spatula, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sugar substitute, and almond extract in a bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cream cheese mixture on each of the 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, cream, water, salt, and nutmeg. Dip the sandwhiches in egg batter.
- Heat the butter on the griddle until foaming subsides.
- Add the french toast sandwhiches, and cook for about 3 min on each side.
- Transfer the sandwhices to warm plates and top with 1/4 cup syrup and 2 tbsp almonds. Serve immediately.