Recipe by Sharon123
French Toast lover alert! This recipe will make you drool! Keep napkins available at all times! Almond paste is a mixture of ground almonds and sugar. You can find it in grocery stores.
Top Review by MarieRynr
This was excellent! My husband really loved it. I will definitely be making it again. I made it exactly as the recipe specified. Only bad thing was now I have to watch what I am going to eat the rest of the day or I'll be into calorie overload!
- 8 slices white bread or 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim crusts from bread; set bread slices aside.
- Process crusts in a blender or food processor until finely crumbled.
- Set crumbs aside.
- Combine cream cheese and almond paste; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly on 4 bread slices.
- Slice each sandwich diagonally to form 4 triangles.
- Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Dip each bread triangle into egg mixture, coat with crumbs, and dip again in egg mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add oil.
- Cook triangles over medium heat 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.