Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A low carb treat.
- 250 ml butter
- 250 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 5 eggs
- 500 ml almond flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- 5 ml lemon extract
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- Cream butter and Splenda.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Mix flour with baking powder in separate bowl.
- Add flour a little at a time to egg mixture while beating.
- Add extracts, beat again.
- Pour or scrape with spatula into greased 22.
- 5 cm cake pan.
- Bake at 175 degrees Centigrade, for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Recipe is much better as muffins.
- You get about 16 muffins and they bake for 30 minutes.
This is a great recipe for someone who can't eat wheat and my mom eats this everyday...twice. The recipe I use for her has 1/2 cup of almond butter to 1 pound of almond flour. ( I personally like them better with peanut butter, but mom can't eat it) The nut butter gives a different texture which is nice. There is another option to this recipe that has 1 cup fat free cottage cheese added to the recipe, really helps the texture also, if you can have the milk products. So if you want to try the options just add them to the recipe. (I don't know how much 500ml is in comparison to 1 lb of almond flour. The almond flour has been a God send for my mom's health and diet. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post it. I am new to Recipe Zaar. I'm using the recipes but haven't started posting yet. I'm terrible at proof reading. I hope this helps anyone who is using almond flour to help with the texture. Makes it a much lighter texture. We all like it, it is just a little high in calories. I know that this will be good for anyone who can't have wheat.