Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband's favorite breakfast food - try one of these instead of a bowl of cereal.
Make and share this Almond Flour Applesauce Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups ground almonds (almond flour or meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine wet ingredients in bowl of food processor. Pulse to beat eggs well.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fill paper muffin cups almost full. (Because of the lack of gluten, these muffins do not rise like wheat flour based muffins do.).
- Bake on center rack of oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on rack. Store in refrigerator. These freeze extremely well.
- Try the following variations in place of the applesauce and cinnamon: 1 banana and 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 whole orange (including peel) and 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 whole zucchini or summer squash (including skin) and 1 teaspoon dried tarragon. Pulse fruits into a smooth paste before adding the other wet ingredients.
Excellent texture, taste, and healthy, too! I added 1/4 C flax seed, subbed 3T Truvia for honey and added 16 oz blueberry craisins. Browned up nicely after 25 minutes.
These muffins are fabulous! ! ! I used almond milk for the yogurt and 6 T. Splenda for the honey. My A.S.-diabetic husband loves these since he can't have too many sweets. Good Job Martha, Thanks...