Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is from the Best of Bridge cookbooks. YUMMY! They don't last long.
- graham cracker (to fill standard cookie sheet)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Arrange graham crackers to fill sheet.
- Melt butter in saucepan and heat it with brown sugar over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. DO NOT BOIL.
- Spoon mixture over graham crackers.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 minutes.
- Open door and turn off oven; cool in oven for one hour.
- Cut while still warm, otherwise they will stick to pan.
These are really good. I used to make a similar recipe when I was back in Canada. You can't get graham crackers over here in England so I used digestive biscuits instead, which did leave some gaps inbetween the biscuits, but those crunchy bits that resulted were every bit as delicious as the cookies themselves. This is a great way of making a plain biscuit into something spectacular! Very simple, but the results are fantastically delicious!