Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe from Veganchef.com. It's a nice, guilt-free, healthy snack. Add milk and make it a cereal, or add to fresh fruit and yogurt. It's a pretty versatile recipe. Add raisins, or other dried fruits after its cooked to sweeten it a little bit. Or you can add other types of nuts/seeds.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw wheat germ
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven for 300 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with pieces of parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple juice, molasses, safflower oil, vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir will to thoroughly moisten the dry ingredients.
- Transfer granola mixture to prepared cookie sheets, evenly dividing it between two pans, and spreading it out to form a single layer.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 60 minutes or until dry. MAKE SURE TO stir the mixture and re-spread it out every 20 minutes. If stored in an airtight container, granola can stay good 4-6 weeks.