Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
A not too sweet sugar cookie. Use your favorite frosting- just substitute almond extract for the amount of vanilla extract - a good almond flavored crisp cookie.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 113.39 g butter, softened (1 stick)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml milk (or water)
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- In medium bowl mix dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy. Add egg, milk and almond extract and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients 1/3 at a time into butter sugar mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least a 1/2 an hour before rolling out.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1/3 of the dough at a time. Roll to 1/8 inch thick and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 5-7 minutes. Do not allow to brown.
- Cool on wire racks and frost with your favorite icing.