Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Christmas MUST!!!!! These really need to be made with solo almond fillng not almond paste. I made bought ways and the paste is no way as tender as made with the solo fillng. http://www.solofoods.com/cprod.html
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 0.5 (12 1/2 ounce) can almond filling (Solo)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Beat in almond and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Chilling mixture overnight makes for fuller cookies.
- Take a tablespoon of dough for each cookie shape into fingers and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until pale golden.
- Cool on rack.
- Dip one side of cookie in chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper till set.
Very good cookies. I followed the recipe exactly. Except for the chocolate part, they aren't very sweet. I'll double the amount of sugar next time, because my family loves sweet cookies. I was able to make 22 fingers from this batch. Thanks for the recipe. I'll make again.
I made these cookies for christmas gifts. It was a big hit! I doubled the recipe, and was asked not even a week later for the same cookies. Thank you for posting!!!!!!!
AMAZING! My favorite cookies! For halloween, you can shape the cookies into long fingers, and dip one end into red chocolate (colored white chocolate).