Recipe by Rita~
A Christmas MUST!!!!! These really need to be made with solo almond fillng not almond paste. I made bought ways and the paste is no way as tender as made with the solo fillng. http://www.solofoods.com/cprod.html
Top Review by PanNan
Very good cookies. I followed the recipe exactly. Except for the chocolate part, they aren't very sweet. I'll double the amount of sugar next time, because my family loves sweet cookies. I was able to make 22 fingers from this batch. Thanks for the recipe. I'll make again.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 0.5 (12 1/2 ounce) can almond filling (Solo)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Beat in almond and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Chilling mixture overnight makes for fuller cookies.
- Take a tablespoon of dough for each cookie shape into fingers and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until pale golden.
- Cool on rack.
- Dip one side of cookie in chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper till set.