Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet bread with almond filling. From Cooks.com.
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can almond filling
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Mix together milk, sugar, and salt, and add to yeast mixture.
- Stir in butter and eggs.
- Add 1/2 Celsius flour and beat well.
- Add enough of remaining flour to handle easily and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and turn once.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down and let rise again until almost double, about 30 minutes.
- Roll into a 8 by 14 inch rectangle and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spread almond filling down the center of the dough about 2-3 inches wide.
- On both sides of filling make 1 1/2-2 inch cuts one inch apart down the length of the rectangle.
- Take one strip at a time and alternating sides cross them at the center of the filling.
- Bake at 350 F until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.