1/1 Photo of Almond Filled Braid
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Sweet bread with almond filling. From Cooks.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Mix together milk, sugar, and salt, and add to yeast mixture.
- 3Stir in butter and eggs.
- 4Add 1/2 Celsius flour and beat well.
- 5Add enough of remaining flour to handle easily and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 6Place in a greased bowl and turn once.
- 7Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Punch down and let rise again until almost double, about 30 minutes.
- 9Roll into a 8 by 14 inch rectangle and place on a greased baking sheet.
- 10Spread almond filling down the center of the dough about 2-3 inches wide.
- 11On both sides of filling make 1 1/2-2 inch cuts one inch apart down the length of the rectangle.
- 12Take one strip at a time and alternating sides cross them at the center of the filling.
- 13Bake at 350 F until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- 14If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Filled Braid
Serving Size: 1 (1148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3586.4
- Calories from Fat 1040
- Total Fat 115.6 g
- Saturated Fat 66.7 g
- Cholesterol 641.6 mg
- Sodium 3393.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 548.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.6 g
- Sugars 101.7 g
- Protein 87.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: