1/2 Photos of Almond Fig Baklava
1 hr 30 mins
Fresh figs for your baklava!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g fresh figs, peeled and chopped
- 100 g slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 236 g phyllo dough, thawed at room temp for about an hour
- 60 g butter, melted
- 60 g warm water (please use only if you like soft baklavai)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 5 cm piece orange rind (optional)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 175°C degrees (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- 2Mix together the chopped figs, almonds. and cinnamon.
- 3You can use a 20×30 cm pan, brush some butter on the bottom and sides of pan to prevent sticking.
- 4Lay down a sheet of phyllo dough and brush with butter and water mixture (use the 60 ml water only if like soft baklava), repeat until you have layered 8 sheets.
- 5Sprinkle some of the fig and almond mixture over layers of dough.
- 6Repeat both steps until you run out of ingredients. Cover with 2 layers of dough.
- 7Cut into desired shapes (yes you are cutting before you bake).
- 8Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes, until top is nicely browned.
- 9When baklava is done, remove pan from the oven, place on a cooling rack, and cool for 2 hours.
- 10Make the sauce by boiling 1/2 cup water and adding 1/2 cup sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved, add honey, and vanilla or orange peel.
- 11Pour the hot syrup evenly over the top of the baklava (remove the orange peel before), allowing it to run into the cuts and around the edges of the pan. Allow the pan to sit, uncovered until completely cool.
- 12Cover and store at room temperature for at least 8 hours and up to overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Fig Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 79.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g