Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Inspired by a couple of recipes, and a desire for Almond Encrusted Salmon... served this with steamed cauliflower and tiny peas.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (freshly, and coarsely ground)
- 2 -6 ounces salmon fillets
- 1 egg white (beaten, placed in shallow bowl)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (slivered, placed on small plate)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter (clarified is best, as it will not burn)
- 3 ounces lemon juice (juice of one lemon, reserving 2 very thin slices)
- Turn oven to 250ºF or lower, for keeping salmon warm while making sauce.
- Put flour on small plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fillets in flour and shake off all excess.
- Dip fillets in egg and then press into plate with almonds, turn over and coat other side, pressing any loose almonds onto fish.
- Pour olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon butter in a heavy pan over medium heat.
- When butter starts to bubble, gently place fish in pan.
- Sauté 3 minutes per side, then put on a plate and put in oven.
- Deglaze pan with lemon juice.
- Add remaining butter and capers, whisking gently until melted.
- Plate salmon, drizzle with sauce, garnish with sliver of lemon, and serve.