Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a impressive dish--men your wives will love you for this one.
Make and share this Almond-Dusted Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup very finely chopped unblanched almonds
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallots or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled)
- 1 (10 ounce) bagready-to-serve fresh spinach, cooked just until tender and kept warm
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- finely chopped fresh parsley, if desired (to garnish)
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in almonds. Place chicken in skillet; sauté four minutes on each side, turning once. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low; add green onions to skillet and sauté one minute. Add chicken broth, Smucker's Strawberry Preserves, vinegar and rosemary; simmer until slightly thickened, about two to three minutes.
- Place spinach on heated serving platter; top with chicken breasts and pour sauce over top. If desired, sprinkle finely chopped parsley over chicken.
Quick, easy, a very attractive and delicious plate to make. I didn't trust the 4 minute sautÃ© on each side in fear the chicken wouldn't fully cook. So I let it go quite a bit longer (like 8 min/side w/ more oil). Still came out wonderfully.
This was wonderful! I'm not sure where you got this recipe but it was also in the latest holiday issue of taste of home and I looked it up on here to see if anyone had posted it. We have made it a tradition for my husband to pick out a new recipe from a holiday magazine that looks good, and this is what he picked this year. My husband loved it, he rated it 4.5 stars out of 5 (which there are few recipes that he rates above a 4, so thats saying a lot). The taste of this was just wonderful and next time I think I'll try this with salmon! This recipe is most defantly guest wrothy- if not even restaurant worthy!!!
You are right, this is a great GUY food! My husband loved it and started thinking of other meats we could use the sauce on, like roasted pork. I kept the sauce separate because I knew my kids wouldn't care for it, but they all enjoyed the almond-crusted chicken. I had to improvise a little, I didn't have strawberry preserves, but I did have raspberry. It was still wonderful! I also had to use vidalia onions because I had no green ones or shallots. One last change...I only had bone-in chicken thighs. I fried them for a while to crust them then threw them in to a 425 degree oven for finish cooking while I made the sauce. Thanks for this AWESOME recipe! It was fairly easy too. We will be making this one again and again!