Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a impressive dish--men your wives will love you for this one.
Top Review by Biscuits -n- Gravy
Quick, easy, a very attractive and delicious plate to make. I didn't trust the 4 minute sautÃ© on each side in fear the chicken wouldn't fully cook. So I let it go quite a bit longer (like 8 min/side w/ more oil). Still came out wonderfully.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup very finely chopped unblanched almonds
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallots or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled)
- 1 (10 ounce) bagready-to-serve fresh spinach, cooked just until tender and kept warm
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- finely chopped fresh parsley, if desired (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in almonds. Place chicken in skillet; sauté four minutes on each side, turning once. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low; add green onions to skillet and sauté one minute. Add chicken broth, Smucker's Strawberry Preserves, vinegar and rosemary; simmer until slightly thickened, about two to three minutes.
- Place spinach on heated serving platter; top with chicken breasts and pour sauce over top. If desired, sprinkle finely chopped parsley over chicken.