Recipe by MarieRynr
Almonds complement this moist and rich sour cream coffee cake.
Top Review by Manami
This coffee cake is very moist and it hits the spot with a cup of coffee or tea. I found this recipe on the internet - it was the Land O' Lakes web site. Very good! Thank you for posting, you saved me the time. BTW you have very good taste. Diane
Coffee Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- sliced almonds, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, butter and eggs in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low; add all remaining coffee cake ingredients.
- Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (2 to 3 minutes).
- (Mixture will be thick.).
- Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with filling.
- Spoon remaining batter into pan over filling.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Invert cooled cake onto serving plate.
- Stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl; drizzle over cooled coffee cake.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.
- TIP: Coffee cake can be baked a day ahead.
- Cool completely; cover.
- Just before serving, drizzle with glaze; garnish with almonds.