Recipe by Treewoman
From "The Good Carb Cookbook", posted for safe-keeping. Note: you can substitute 3 (6oz) cans of chicken breast (drained) for the fresh chicken. Cook times = refrigeration time.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey breast
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream or 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken, water chestnuts, celery, almonds and scallions in a large bowl and toss to mix well.
- Put the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill and white pepper in small bowl and stir to mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture and toss to mix well. Stir in a little more mayonnaise if the mixture seems too dry.
- Cover the salad and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Use as a sandwich filling, serve over a bed of fresh greens, or use to fill a cantaloupe or avocado half.