Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the book Crazy About Cupcakes
- 1 3⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup almonds, ground and toasted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl cream 1 Celsius of the sour cream, the butter (at room temperature) and the oil.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar and almonds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture, one-third at a time. Mix thoroughly after each addition.
- In another bowl mix the eggs (at room temperature) to the batter in thirds, beating for 1 minute on medium speed after each addition.
- Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.