These cupcakes are the "I'm-trying-so-hard-to-stop-pretending-these-are-a-main-dish" type, when prepared with Guava Cream Cheese Filling as the icing--the Guava Cream-cheese filling. I hulled out a small circle in the middle of the cupcakes and filled them with this. Undeniably addicting! Found this idea on an online blog.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter at medium speed until smooth, add sugar and beat until well.
- Add two eggs, beat until smooth.
- Dump in the rest of your ingredients (you can whisk the dry ones together in a separate bowl first as way to "quick-sift" them) and beat until nice and smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners (or greased tins) 2/3 full, bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes, depending on your oven).
- Makes 24 regular size or approx 10 jumbo size.