Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cupcakes are the "I'm-trying-so-hard-to-stop-pretending-these-are-a-main-dish" type, when prepared with Guava Cream Cheese Filling as the icing--the Guava Cream-cheese filling. I hulled out a small circle in the middle of the cupcakes and filled them with this. Undeniably addicting! Found this idea on an online blog.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter at medium speed until smooth, add sugar and beat until well.
- Add two eggs, beat until smooth.
- Dump in the rest of your ingredients (you can whisk the dry ones together in a separate bowl first as way to "quick-sift" them) and beat until nice and smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners (or greased tins) 2/3 full, bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes, depending on your oven).
- Makes 24 regular size or approx 10 jumbo size.
This is the most amazing cupcake recipe ever! The sugar forms a light crust on top, and the cake is so good it can be eaten by itself. I substituted 1/2 cup of almond flour for a 1/2 cup of regular flour, and it imbues the cake with a hearty, dense flavor. I made a variation of the guava cream frosting with tart apricots poached in honey and vanilla instead of guava. It was amazing, and my coworkers devoured them. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
These are delicious and almond-y! I am a novice and this may not need to be said, but blend all of your wet ingredients together first, before adding the dry ones. It blends much more smoothly and is less grainy.
5 Stars! The cupcakes are perfect. I frosted them with Velvetop and added some grated toasted almonds to the batter. Thanks for this great recipe!