Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cupcakes are the "I'm-trying-so-hard-to-stop-pretending-these-are-a-main-dish" type, when prepared with Guava Cream Cheese Filling as the icing--the Guava Cream-cheese filling. I hulled out a small circle in the middle of the cupcakes and filled them with this. Undeniably addicting! Found this idea on an online blog.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter at medium speed until smooth, add sugar and beat until well.
- Add two eggs, beat until smooth.
- Dump in the rest of your ingredients (you can whisk the dry ones together in a separate bowl first as way to "quick-sift" them) and beat until nice and smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners (or greased tins) 2/3 full, bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes, depending on your oven).
- Makes 24 regular size or approx 10 jumbo size.
This is the most amazing cupcake recipe ever! The sugar forms a light crust on top, and the cake is so good it can be eaten by itself. I substituted 1/2 cup of almond flour for a 1/2 cup of regular flour, and it imbues the cake with a hearty, dense flavor. I made a variation of the guava cream frosting with tart apricots poached in honey and vanilla instead of guava. It was amazing, and my coworkers devoured them. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Baked these today to take to a dinner party. Delicious and well received. I made a lemon cream cheese frosting to go on top.
Wow! What an amazing flavored cupcake. ejgx93 from June 29, 2010 was spot on about the crunchy top from the sugar. However, I had to substitute one ingredient: I was out of regular milk and used canned evaporated milk instead; still turned out delicious! I've been searching for a go to cupcake recipe and I believe my search is complete! Thank you for sharing this great recipe!