Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. The best Thing about using Reynolds Wrap foil is the easy clean up. These tilapia fillets are like a little gift packet. Bursting with flavor.
- 4 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle on top of the fish
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 -6 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, ground
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (1/4 for each fillet)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (1/4 for each fillet)
- 1 teaspoon salt (1/4 for each fillet)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (to garnish) (optional) or 4 tablespoons parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2. Cut 4 pieces 7 inch pieces of Reynolds Wrap Foil. Coat the bottom of each piece with 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine sliced onions with balsamic vinegar, honey, remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt, mixing well so the onions are well coated.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine ground almonds with lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- 4. Divide onions equally on each piece of foil. Close the foil to form 4 sealed packets and place them on a large baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully open the packets and broil for 4 minutes. Remove baking sheet from the oven and turn the temperature down to 425°F.
- 5. In the meantime, season each tilapia fillet on both sides with salt, garlic powder and lemon pepper. Place one fillet in each packet on top of the caramelized onions and top with ground almonds. Drizzle with olive oil, close the packet and return to the oven. Bake at 425F for 18-20 minutes. Open the packets and broil for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- 6.Garnish with chopped basil or parsley, lemon zest and fresh lemon juice before serving.