Recipe by Geema
There are a lot of ingredients in this recipe, but it's actually very easy to put together. The taste is fabulous.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum wine
- 1⁄2 cup mirin, sweet rice wine
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled lemongrass
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons diced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped peeled gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 salmon fillets, 1 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook 40 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Add 1 cup chopped cilantro and curry paste to liquid in bowl, and stir well; set curry sauce aside, and keep warm.
- Combine mango and next 8 ingredients (mango through honey) in a bowl; stir well, and set mango salsa aside.
- Place almonds in a shallow dish.
- Place egg white in another shallow dish.
- Dip salmon fillets in egg white, and dredge in almonds.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add fillets; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Be careful not to let the almonds burn.
- Top fish with the mango salsa and then drizzle curry sauce over all.