1 hr 20 mins
There are a lot of ingredients in this recipe, but it's actually very easy to put together. The taste is fabulous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups plum wine
- 1/2 cup mirin, sweet rice wine
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled lemongrass
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons diced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped peeled gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 salmon fillets, 1 inch thick
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook 40 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- 3Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- 4Add 1 cup chopped cilantro and curry paste to liquid in bowl, and stir well; set curry sauce aside, and keep warm.
- 5Combine mango and next 8 ingredients (mango through honey) in a bowl; stir well, and set mango salsa aside.
- 6Place almonds in a shallow dish.
- 7Place egg white in another shallow dish.
- 8Dip salmon fillets in egg white, and dredge in almonds.
- 9Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 10Add fillets; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 11Be careful not to let the almonds burn.
- 12Top fish with the mango salsa and then drizzle curry sauce over all.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Crusted Salmon With Mango Salsa & Curry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 985.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 71.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste