Recipe by Geema
This recipe is very versatile and can be used with other fish, such as tilapia, halibut, grouper, orange roughy or sole.
Top Review by cleoleo79
This was fabulous! I made it for my hubby, 2 kids, and my grandpa who came to visit. It was a hit!!! Simple and delicious! The lemon and capers are refreshing and bold in flavor.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 6 salmon fillets, about 1/2 ",thick
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter
- 6 lemon slices (to garnish)
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Place almonds in shallow baking dish.
- Beat eggs to blend in medium bowl.
- Dip salmon into eggs, turning to coat, then dip salmon into almonds, pressing firmly so that almonds adhere to fish.
- Place salmon in skillet and cook until opaque in center, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- Add lemon juice and capers to skillet.
- Increase heat to medium high; boil until reduced slightly, 1 minute.
- Add butter, whisking just until melted.
- Transfer each salmon fillet to a plate; top with sauce.
- Garnish with lemon slice and parsley.