Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I couldn't find quite what I was looking for so I combined a couple of recipes together and made these pork chops for company the other night. The almonds make a wonderful brown crispy crust that was refreshingly different an delicious. I rarely measure when i cook so the amounts are approximate.
- 1 lb pork chop
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 -3 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (drained and liquid reserved)
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh parsley (optional)
- olive oil
- Mix ground almonds, salt, and peppers.
- In a small bowl mix egg and water.
- Spread almond coating in a shallow dish or plate.
- Dip chops in egg wash and then dredge in almond mixture. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions and garlic until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Brown chops in oil over medium heat. 2-3 minutes on a side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile mix liquid from oranges, soy sauce, and mustard.
- Add sauce to chops and turn heat down to low let simmer for 5 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
- Top with mandarin oranges and fresh parsley.
Words of warning.............extremely delicious! Only thing I need to say is, "don't grind your almonds too much." You don't want to end up with almond meal. Served with rice and broccoli, for a delightful meal. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Illinai. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0