Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great use of almonds. Crushed and mixed with spices it's a hit for the whole family.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed almonds
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup oil (coconut is best)
- Preheat fry pan with oil to medium high.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 in thick slices.
- In small bowl mix milk and egg thoroughly.
- In separate small bowl mix almonds, flour, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper.
- Dip slices in milk/egg and let excess drip off a little bit.
- Dip slices in the dry mix coating completely.
- Place in fry pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Underneath will be golden brown.
- Flip over and cook another 2 minutes. Underside will be golden brown. Remove and place on plate covered with paper towel to remove excess oil.