1/1 Photo of Almond Crusted Chicken With a Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
Cheese Please's Note:
Almonds are loaded with good fats that keep you full longer and are bursting with vitamin E, an antioxidant that bolsters the immune system. The combination of the tender and crunchy almond crust combined with a savory strawberry sauce is definitely a winner! A subtle hint of balsamic vinegar adds a nice extra layer of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 cup chicken broth (potentially more if sauce requires)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (2 sprigs of fresh rosemary)
- 1Preheat the over to 350. In a food processor, process almonds for 1-2 minutes to a chunky bread crumb consistency. Set aside.
- 2Lightly pound chicken breast into 1/2" - 1" pieces. The easiest way to do this is to cover the chicken breast with saran wrap using the smooth side of a kitchen mallet.
- 3Dip chicken into a bowl containing the egg white, followed by dipping the chicken into the almond mixture. Coat each chicken breast with almond crumbs on each side. Place is a glass baking dish. Bake chicken for 30-35 minutes.
- 4For the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar, and balsamic in a food processor. Place strawberry mixture in a stove top pan and add chicken broth, cornstarch and rosemary. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Top tender chicken breasts with the strawberry balsamic sauce and garnish with extra fresh rosemary. Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Crusted Chicken With a Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 233.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 30.0 g