Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Almonds are loaded with good fats that keep you full longer and are bursting with vitamin E, an antioxidant that bolsters the immune system. The combination of the tender and crunchy almond crust combined with a savory strawberry sauce is definitely a winner! A subtle hint of balsamic vinegar adds a nice extra layer of flavor.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 cup chicken broth (potentially more if sauce requires)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (2 sprigs of fresh rosemary)
- Preheat the over to 350. In a food processor, process almonds for 1-2 minutes to a chunky bread crumb consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly pound chicken breast into 1/2" - 1" pieces. The easiest way to do this is to cover the chicken breast with saran wrap using the smooth side of a kitchen mallet.
- Dip chicken into a bowl containing the egg white, followed by dipping the chicken into the almond mixture. Coat each chicken breast with almond crumbs on each side. Place is a glass baking dish. Bake chicken for 30-35 minutes.
- For the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar, and balsamic in a food processor. Place strawberry mixture in a stove top pan and add chicken broth, cornstarch and rosemary. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top tender chicken breasts with the strawberry balsamic sauce and garnish with extra fresh rosemary. Bon Appetit!
My, what great tasting chicken this is! We eat a lot of chicken breast & your recipe gives me a wonderfully satisfying way to jazz up & vary the recipes I have for this main dish! Absolutely great, & we particularly enjoyed the sauce! I look forward to making this one again & again! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]