Bulk buy of almonds meant many options for using them. I wanted to try a different crust for fried chicken so why not crush some almonds. It's a hit and great taste, even my kids loved it. From 2-20 years, they ate them all up.
- Preheat fry pan to medium high and add oil.
- Cut chicken to small bite size chunks.
- Mix milk and egg in small bowl.
- Mix almonds, flour, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper in separate small bowl.
- Dip chicken chunks in milk/egg.
- Shake off excess gently.
- Dip and coat with dry ingredients.
- Place in heated oil of fry pan and cook until inside is cooked. Approximately 7 minutes.
- Repeat for all the chicken until it is cooked, remove and place on plate covered with paper towel to remove excess oil.