Recipe by DrGaellon
From Kikkoman. The original recipe called for smoked almonds, but I found the smoke flavor overpowering. You might try half smoked and half plain.
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce, Kikkoman brand preferred
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, Kikkoman brand preferred
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into supremes (segments)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, olive oil, honey, vinegar and orange zest. Set aside.
- Season chicken with pepper. Whisk egg with 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce in a shallow dish until blended.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine almonds and panko in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in flour on all sides and shake/pat off excess. Dip in egg then in almond mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a medium non-stick skillet. Add chicken and cook 3-4 min on each side, or until no longer pink in center. Add more oil if needed.
- Divide greens among 4 plates. Arrange chicken strips and orange segments over greens. Drizzle over dressing and serve.