Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From the Kikkoman website:www.yourteriyaki.com. Since it is from their website, they recommend the Kikkoman brand of marinade, bread crumbs and Orange-Teriyaki-Honey dressing. I say use your own favorite brand.
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki marinade, and sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki marinade, and sauce
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup smoked almonds, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- Dressing preparation.
- Whisk together teriyaki sauce, olive oil, honey, vinegar and orange peel.
- Set aside.
- Salad preparation.
- Season chicken tenders with pepper.
- Beat egg with the tablespoons of teriyaki sauce in shallow bowl until well blended.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and almonds in another shallow dish.
- Dust both sides of chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture and finally coat with almond mixture.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink in center, turning over once and adding more oil as needed.
- Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Arrange chicken and orange segments on greens. Serve with an orange-teriyaki-honey dressing (Kikkoman recommended).
This recipe is excellent!!