Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pan-seared chicken with a savory strawberry sauce sure to please guests! You can also serve this over cooked spinach.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped whole unblanched almond
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallots or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- hot cooked brown rice
- Pound the chicken slightly flat. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with the almonds. Cook the chicken in the hot oil for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove to a heated plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add the shallots to the pan drippings and saute over low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, preserves, vinegar, and rosemary. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly, stirring frequently.
- Serve the chicken on hot brown rice and pour the sauce over the top.