Recipe by Derf
Lovely crunchy almond chicken, serve with coleslaw and oven fries, for a nice summer supper. from the local newpaper.
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees,.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk milk and egg together.
- Place half the flour in another bowl, in a separate bowl stir almonds with the remaining flour.
- To each bowl, stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Slice chicken into finger size strips.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat chicken strips with flour, followed by milk mixture, then coat with almond mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, cook in two batches, adding more oil if necessary, until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Chicken will not be cooked through.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.