Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lovely crunchy almond chicken, serve with coleslaw and oven fries, for a nice summer supper. from the local newpaper.
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees,.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk milk and egg together.
- Place half the flour in another bowl, in a separate bowl stir almonds with the remaining flour.
- To each bowl, stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Slice chicken into finger size strips.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat chicken strips with flour, followed by milk mixture, then coat with almond mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, cook in two batches, adding more oil if necessary, until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Chicken will not be cooked through.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Delicious tasting chicken fingers with the almond coating giving a nice nutty crunch and flavour. I served with a green salad, potato salad and crispy bread rolls. Thanks Dorothy!
WOW! This recipe is awesome. I love it. I am trying to eat healthier and I am always looking for ways to liven up my meals. Of course, I never make anything exactly as the directions called for I always personalize it. Since I am on a low carb eating plan, I used soy flour instead of regular flour and almond milk in place of skim milk. I also seasons the chicken with Adobo seasoning (the kind you buy at the store, I think every piece of meat I cook I put it adobo on it) and a little onion powder - just personal preference. Besides that, I followed recipe like it is and man was I pleased. This will be a regular in my house for now on. Thanks for sharing - ;)
Yum! Simple to put together and tasted great. I did do it all in the oven like another reviewer. Just a few sprays of butter flavor baking spray. Came out great!Made for PARTY 09