Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a good chicken dish to enjoy when you are in a hurry and just got a few minutes to grab a quick meal and go. Enjoy!
Top Review by HappyBunny
An absolute 5* recipe! My husband and children loved it. Makes a change from the usual breadcrumb coated chicken. I had four chicken breasts instead of chicken tenders, which I pounded before coating in the egg and almond mixture. I also fried instead of baked, because I had something else in the oven! It worked really well and is already on my children's request list :) Thanks Charishma!
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- canola oil cooking spray, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Put a foil-lined baking sheet on a wire rack.
- Coat it with cooking spray.
- In your food processor, process together almonds, flour, paprika, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper until the almonds are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughout(takes about a minute).
- Drizzle in the oil and process until combined.
- Transfer to a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, whisk the egg whites, one at a time.
- Add chicken tenders and turn 'em over in the egg whites to coat well.
- Transfer each chicken tender to the almond mixture.
- Toss well to coat with it.
- Discard immediately any remanining egg white and almond mixture.
- Place the tenders on the prepared rack.
- Coat with cooking spray, turn and spray the other side.
- Bake until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the middle. This takes about 20-25 minutes.