Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe came from the "Eating Well" magazine, 2005. I have tried it...this is excellent. I modifed the recipe for posting purposes.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 lb chicken tenders
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet cover with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt, and pepper in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughly, about 1 minute. With the processor still running, drizzle in oil; process until combined. Transfer the mixture to a low dish.
- Whisk egg whites in a second low dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat. Transfer each tender to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly. Place the tenders on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
- Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Makes 4 servings.