Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly crush almonds with your hands.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and flatten with meat mallet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
- Mix egg and water together.
- Dip chicken in egg wash.
- Press almonds onto chicken, being sure to fully coat each breast.
- Butter a baking sheet.
- Place chicken on sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking combine lemon juice, butter and basil.
- Drizzle butter of cooked chicken breasts.
Delicious chicken. I made it exactly as written, and it was toasty, nutty, and delicious. I baked it at 425 for about 22 minutes, which was just perfect. The almonds added a nice, cruncy, nutty flavor. Next time, (and there will definitely be a next time), I think I'll marinate the chicken first in a bit of oil, wine, and some spices (chipotle powder maybe?) before pounding it thin to add a bit more spice to the mix. Or maybe add some parmesan to the almonds before coating the chicken. It was delicious as is, and I think a bit more jump would make this perfect. As is, a lovely dish that's easy enough to make on a weeknight, or to splurge on for guests on a weekend. Very nice recipe!
This was delicious! I made it as directed, and everyone in my family of 7 loved it.
The hubby and I liked this alot! Perfect for the excess of basil I had growing in my backyard! Good good good!